ICorr Level 1 Engineers Painting a Clear Picture
Our work is predominantly clarifying the paint condition and make-up found on the steel elements. Backed with lab tests and over 30 years of experience HTA enables our clients to move forward with confidence.
HTA employs GPR wherever possible because this modern approach alongside our 30+ years of Experience has proved invaluable to our clients; saving them money, time one site and removing stress from unnecessary damage and the resulting clean up and making good.
Paint Testing include:
This list is not exhaustive, however it gives a good idea of the range of services on offer, if there is something you require that is not listed please get in touch, as we will most likely be able to assist.
- Quality Assurance - our inspectors can ensure compliance with specifications
- Visual Survey - to determine condition of paint system to various elements
- Thickness Survey - using NDT - Dry Film Thickness as seen in photo
- Adhesion Survey - determination via cross-hatch testing and pull off testing
- Sampling Identification - via x-ray chromatography to determine paint type
- Sampling Contaminants - to determine lead, chromium and arsenic levels
- Surface Profiling - determining the roughness of the parent material receiving the paint
NDT in the form of GPR
HTA often uses NDT in the form of Ground Penetrating Radar 'GPR' to determine masonry construction details, including thickness of masonry element, presence of cavity, plus determining the presence of chimney flues.
Discover more about our Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) usage within buildings by clicking this link to take you to our GPR page.
Watch the HTA Crew at Work
Associate Director Steve Neville discusses work at Reading Bridge House to determine the reasons behind cracking and possible leaning of the roof parapet wall.
Watch more videos of the HTA crew at work by clicking here
Take advantage of our Open Door Policy
Even if you do not end up using HTA we are happy to advise on the best course of action for the outcome you wish to achieve.
It is impossible for one company to carry out every project, however we can share our expertise far and wide.