Ensuring Cladding Safety
Recent news events have shown how vital it is to investigate the condition and type of cladding used on buildings throughout the UK.
HTA can employ a variety of access techniques to access and survey a variety of cladding systems found on buildings. NDT is also used to reduce intrusive investigations as far as possible, this alongside our modern approach and our 30+ years of Experience has proved invaluable to our clients.
Cladding Investigations include:
This list is not exhaustive, however it gives a good idea of the range of services on offer, if there is something you require that is not listed please get in touch, as we will most likely be able to assist.
- Visual Inspection - to determine condition of the cladding unit
- Fixtivity of Unit - using NDT, Boroscope and intrusive works to determine attachment details
- Fixings Condition - to determine corrosive condition of fixings
- Cladding Unit Condition - sampling to determine chloride content and risk of corrosion
- Cladding Unit Contaminants - determination of cement type and depth of carbonation
- Flammability Testing - removal of panel sample for lab testing
Using GPR to aide Cladding Investigations
HTA often uses NDT in the form of Ground Penetrating Radar 'GPR' to determine construction details, including thickness of cladding unit, presence of any reinforcement or other metal embedment including panel connections plus detecting voidage and or cracking to the unit.
Discover more about our Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) usage within buildings by clicking this link to take you to our GPR page.
Roped Access & Working at Height
Access can be gained to structures via the following methods:
- Mobile Scaffold Towers - erected and used by HTA PASMA Certificated staff
- MEWPS - transported to site and used by HTA IPAF Certificated staff
- Roped Access - carried out by HTA IRATA Certificated Roped Access team
- Drones - authorised operators and drones supplied
Drones and a 50ft MEWP
HTA utilising New and Old Technology for the best results.
Watch more videos of the HTA crew at work by clicking here
Take advantage of our Open Door Policy
Even if you do not end up using HTA we are happy to advise on the best course of action for the outcome you wish to achieve.
It is impossible for one company to carry out every project, however we can share our expertise far and wide.